Last updated: December 20, 2023
Clear Channel Outdoor Holdings, Inc. ("Clear Channel”, “CCOH”, "we", "us", or "our"), our subsidiaries, and our affiliate companies are committed to safeguarding and maintaining the privacy of your ("you", "your", “users” or "visitor") personal information. This website privacy statement (the "Privacy Statement") describes how CCOH collects, protects, shares, uses, stores, and disposes of personal information about you when you interact with CCOH, including, but not limited to, when you visit our websites like https://clearchanneloutdoor.com/, https://investor.clearchannel.com, https://web.clearchanneloutdoor.com, and https://company.clearchanneloutdoor.com, and any content, webforms, code, data, services, features, or functionality made available therein (each and all referred to herein as the "Website"). This Privacy Statement also explains important choices available to you concerning our handling of and rights available to you regarding your personal information.
Certain products and services may be subject to additional or different data processing practices, including Clear Channel Outdoor, LLC’s RADAR suite of products. In such cases, where relevant to you, you will be provided with supplemental privacy disclosures in connection with those products and services, and those additional disclosures are incorporated by reference into this Privacy Statement.
Quick Guide to Contents
- WHAT PERSONAL INFORMATION WE COLLECT
- HOW WE USE PERSONAL INFORMATION
- WHEN AND HOW WE COLLECT PERSONAL INFORMATION
- WE SHARE YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
- YOUR CHOICES
- YOUR PRIVACY RIGHTS
- ADDITIONAL CALIFORNIA DISCLOSURES
- CALIFORNIA PERSONAL INFORMATION REQUEST METRICS – CALENDAR YEAR 2022
- NOTICE TO NEVADA RESIDENTS
- PROTECTING CHILDREN
- SECURITY OF YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
- RETENTION OF YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
- LINKS TO OTHER PARTY SITES AND SERVICES
- UNITED STATES ONLY
- POLICY CHANGES
- CONTACT US
1. WHAT PERSONAL INFORMATION WE COLLECT
We collect, receive, and develop several categories of personal information about you depending on the nature of your interactions with us:
Identifiers: We may collect your full name, postal address, email address, home telephone number, mobile phone number, and date of birth. If applicable based on the specific services you use, we will also collect username and password to access CCOH accounts (which is considered sensitive personal information under certain privacy laws).
Demographic Information: We may collect your zip code, age, and gender.
Purchase and Preference Information: We may collect information about the items you purchase, access, or download; records of your transactions and subscription purchases; and records of contests you enter.
Internet Browser, Usage, and Device Information: We use tracking tools like cookies and pixels to automatically collect information about your interactions with our Website, online content, advertisements, and emails, such as your device's browser type, operating system, activations and/or content you access, links you click, webpages you visit, what areas of the Website you visit and for how long, your searches on the Website, and preceding page views. We and/or our service providers also automatically access, assign, collect, monitor and/or remotely store one or more IP addresses or other device identifiers (each a "Device Identifier"), including the mobile network information associated with the computer, smart phone, tablet, or other device ("Device") being used to access the Website. We may collect information about your views, clicks, and interactions with our promotional emails, such as whether you read or scrolled through an email we sent you.
Professional and Employment-Related Information: If you apply for a job, we may collect information about your work experience and previous employment, your education history, your resume, the URL to your personal or professional websites, your workplace skill sets and certifications, whether you need a visa to work in the United States, and your salary expectations. If you apply for a job, you can choose to also voluntarily provide self-identifying information like ethnicity, gender, disability status, and/or veteran status. Some of these data types may be considered “sensitive personal information” under applicable privacy laws and as further described below. If you interact with us on behalf of business customers, vendors, or other companies, in addition to other information described in this Privacy Statement, we may also collect items like your job title, office location, compensation or payments, and engagement history with us.
Location Data: When you access the Website, we and/or our service providers or business partners may access, collect, monitor and/or remotely store your general location data, which may include geolocation or similar information regarding the location of your mobile device ("Location Data"). We also collect your precise geolocation in certain circumstances described in the “Sensitive Personal Information” section below.
Audio, Electronic, and Visual Information: We will collect information about any photos and videos you submit to us or upload.
Sensitive Personal Information: We will collect your payment card details when you make a purchase. If you choose to turn on your Bluetooth, Wi-Fi, or other geolocation functionality when you use the Website, a Device, or a mobile application, the application may collect, infer, and/or use more precise geolocation data according to any terms to which you consented when you downloaded or started using the Website, Device, or mobile application. At times, that consent is broad enough to include CCO’s collection, use and disclosure of your geolocation data according to one or more privacy policies relevant to your use of the application. As noted above, if applicable based on the services you use, we will collect username and password to access CCOH accounts.
Inferences: Using the other pieces of personal information collected about you, we develop inferences that reflect what we believe to be your interests, characteristics, predispositions, and attitudes.
2. HOW WE USE PERSONAL INFORMATION
We use the personal information we collect from and about you for various business purposes, including:
Internal Business Purposes: We use your personal information to enable your use of the Website; develop relevant Website content; conduct market research; improve our marketing and promotions; track the effectiveness of our advertising and marketing efforts; perform data analytics and reporting; conduct audits, fraud monitoring, and prevention; help diagnose problems with our systems and servers; provide attribution metrics; or act in good faith to maintain the privacy and security of your personal information and our Website.
Provide our Services: We use your personal information to provide our products and services, such as to respond to you and communicate with you regarding your inquiries; provide customer service; communicate with you about your account and activities; operate, support, and improve the Website; perform other Website-related business functions to which you have consented; verify your identity; and provide and administer contests, events, and promotions.
Commercial and Marketing Communications: We use the personal information we collect or receive from you to send you marketing communications and serve you with advertising online. For instance, we may communicate directly with you via email about product and/or service offerings, promotions, invitations, voluntary questionnaires, and special offers. You may request not to receive such email (other than non-promotional, service-related notices necessary to our ongoing business relations) from us by clicking on the "unsubscribe link" provided in such communications or contacting us directly via any of the methods listed in the "Contact Us" section of this Privacy Statement.
Job Recruiting and Hiring: You may choose to submit your personal information to apply for or inquire about employment with us. When visiting our Website's "Careers" section, please note that you will be redirected to a website provided by a service provider who performs certain recruitment and employment functions on our behalf. You will be required to provide personal information when creating a job search account or submitting a job application.
Payment and Transaction Processing: To enable online payment for our products or services, we rely on payment processors to collect and use your credit card information. We also use other party platforms to process payments for some of our events and summits, and these other party’s platforms may collect and store billing and credit card information. Some of our Websites may accept billing and credit card information offline by phone or mail to process payments for advertisements and listings. This information will only be used by us to process the authorized payments.
Other Lawful Purposes or With Your Consent: We may use your personal information for any other lawful purpose disclosed at the time we collect your information, or otherwise for any other purpose to which you consent. We may partner with other parties to provide the specific services requested by you. In such cases, we will share the personal information necessary for the other party to provide these services.
Anonymized and Aggregated Information: We may use aggregated or anonymized information (such as demographic and interest information) for any lawful purposes. This information is not considered to be personal information, nor is it used to identify you.
3. WHEN AND HOW WE COLLECT PERSONAL INFORMATION
We collect personal information from and about in various ways:
Directly From You: We may request certain personal information from you in order to provide you with information, products, and services accessed or requested by you. We may collect information directly from you in the context of communications and interactions with you about Website content and features, marketing and sales opportunities, customer service, account creation, purchases, employment inquiries, job applications, surveys, sweepstakes, contests, and special events.
Automatically From Your Devices: We and/or other parties with whom we do business use a variety of online technologies that are capable of automatically collecting information about how you access or use the Website, interact with our online content and advertisements, or engage with our emails ("Usage Information"). These tools include cookies, web beacons, and widgets.
From Our Service Providers: We may receive personal information about you or your Device from the service providers we engage to help us run our business, such as service providers who host, protect, or operate our Websites; analyze data; provide customer service; send emails for us; process payments; conduct surveys; fulfill orders; run our promotional activities and contests; conduct background checks on job applicants; or provide marketing, analytics, and advertising services.
From Other Sources: We may receive personal information about you or your Device from other sources, including:
- our business partners, such as data licensors and data providers,
- publicly available sources, such as job boards or public databases available on the internet, and
- our parents, our subsidiaries, and our affiliate companies.
From Social Media: If you link your social networking account with the Website, the authentication of your login credentials is conducted through the social networking service. We may also have access to some of your information stored on those social networking platforms depending upon how you use the service and your privacy preferences and settings. In addition, as you interact with the Website, the social networking service may collect information about your activities on this Website. We recommend you review what kinds of information your social networking service may make available to us by visiting the services' privacy policies and/or changing your privacy preferences and settings directly through them.
Even though we get information in different manners and from various sources described above, we often store that information in a common database.
4. WE SHARE YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
The personal information we collect from or about you may be shared by us in accordance with this Privacy Statement, as described below. In addition to sharing anonymous, aggregate user statistics and demographic information as described in this Privacy Statement, we also share personal information under the following circumstances:
With Affiliates and Subsidiaries: We may share your personal information any of our parents, affiliates, or subsidiaries.
With Service Providers: In order to fulfill your requests, make certain features, services, and materials available to you through the Website, and respond to your inquiries, we may share your information with other parties who perform functions on our behalf, such as companies that: host or operate our Website, including any streaming or featured content, process payments, analyze data, and/or provide customer service.
With Your Consent: While on our Website, you may have the opportunity to opt-in to receive additional information about products and services, participate in promotional activities, such as surveys, sweepstakes, contests, special events, respond to marketing offers, or otherwise agree to the sharing your information with other parties. If you agree to have your information shared for any of these purposes, we will disclose your information to other parties in order to fulfill your request.
With Credit Card Companies and Payment Processors: At times, we may use third party payment and transaction services to facilitate your transactions and process your orders. In such cases, we will share your personal information and credit card information with third party payment services companies solely for the purpose of and to the extent necessary for completing the transaction or processing your order. We do not store or directly process your payment card information, but may retain basic transactional details for limited accounting, customer service, and other internal business purposes in accordance with applicable law.
With Business Partners: We share device identifiers with advertising partners that use our services, or with their service providers on their behalf.
Business Transfers: If we become involved in a merger, consolidation, acquisition, sale of assets, joint venture, securities offering, bankruptcy, reorganization, liquidation, dissolution, or other transaction or if the ownership of all or substantially all of our business otherwise changes, we may share or transfer your information to other parties in connection with due diligence processes and the transfer of assets. Also, if any bankruptcy or reorganization proceeding is brought by or against us, all such information may be considered an asset of ours, and as such may be sold or transferred to other parties.
5. YOUR CHOICES
Marketing Communications: If you don’t want to get promotional messages from us, such as offers, newsletters, or advertising e-mails, you can unsubscribe by following any removal instructions that may be in the marketing communication or by opting out at this link or sending us an email at InvestorRelations@clearchannel.com with “UNSUBSCRIBE” in the subject line. If you opt out of receiving promotional messages, we may still send you non-promotional messages about your account or our ongoing business relations.
Google Analytics: We use Google Analytics or similar technologies to collect and process certain aggregated, statistical information about you and your use of this Website. You can learn more about how Google uses the information it collects by visiting here. You can opt-out of having your browser and usage information collected by Google Analytics by clicking here.
Location Information: Even if you initially consent to collection of Location Data via a mobile application, Website, or Device, you may later stop the collection of that information by changing your Device and/or application settings and any related preferences and permissions. If you do so, please note that certain features of the related mobile application, Website, or Device may no longer function.
Do Not Track: Some browsers have a "Do Not Track" feature capable of sending a signal that notifies websites that you do not want to have your online activities tracked. Unfortunately, this signal is not yet a standardized, reliable way to prevent tracking, so please note that our Website, and its backend systems, do not recognize "Do Not Track" signals.
6. YOUR PRIVACY RIGHTS
Based on your residency and applicable law in your state, you may be entitled to exercise certain additional privacy rights concerning your personal information. If you would like to learn more about this, please contact us using any of the methods listed in the "Contact Us" section at the end of this Privacy Statement. We will review your request and provide our response as soon as commercially feasible and within the time period required by applicable law. Please note that our ability to fulfill your request will rely on: (1) the extent to which you provide us with all necessary information to confirm your identity, (2) whether we actually possess any relevant information about you, and (3) whether we have conducted any of the activities required by law to be disclosed.
We do not and will not discriminate against individuals who choose to exercise their legal privacy rights, such as by charging higher prices or providing lower quality service.
What Are Your Privacy Rights?
Depending on where you live and the applicable law in your state, you may be entitled to exercise some or all of the rights described below with respect to your personal information:
- Access / Right to Know: You have the right to request that we confirm whether we process personal information about you, and to disclose to you the following: (i) the categories of personal information that we have collected about you (including sensitive personal information); (ii) the categories of sources from which we have collected personal information about you; (iii) the business or commercial purpose for collecting, selling, and sharing your personal information; (iv) the categories of personal information that we have sold and shared about you and the categories of outside parties to whom the personal information was sold or shared; (v) the categories of personal information that we have disclosed about you for our business purposes and the categories of vendors to whom the personal information was disclosed; (vi) a portable copy of the specific pieces of personal information that we have collected about you; and (vii) information about the logic involved in any automated decision-making processes used by CCOH (if applicable), as well as a description of the likely outcome of the process with respect to you.
- Correct or Update my Personal Information: You have the right to request that we correct, update, or modify the personal information we maintain about you.
- Deletion: You can request that we delete the personal information that we maintain about you, subject to certain exceptions.
- Do Not Sell My Personal Information or Share my Personal Information for Behavioral/Targeted Advertising: Visit our webform at https://web.clearchanneloutdoor.com/privacy-contact-form to opt-out of the “sale” and “sharing” of your personal information. Also, our use of certain third-party cookies might be considered “sales” or “sharing” under the definitions of some privacy laws. In relation to these cookies, you can opt-out of the sale of your personal information and the sharing of your personal information for cross-context behavioral/targeted advertising by clicking Do Not Sell or Share My Personal Information or by using an opt-out preference signal or universal opt-out mechanism on a supported web browser (see the “How Do You Submit a Privacy Request” section below for instructions). Any cookie selections you make are specific to the device, website, and browser you are using. Your selections are deleted whenever you clear your cookies or browser’s cache.
- Opt-out of Profiling and Automated Decision-Making: You have the right to request to opt-out of certain profiling or automated decision-making, to the extent we engage in those processing activities.
- Limit the Use of my Sensitive Personal Information: If you are a California resident, in relation to any sensitive personal information identified in Section 1 above, you can request that we limit our use and sharing of such information only to those uses which are necessary to carry out our relationship with you (such as providing our goods and services that you’ve requested, maintaining the quality of our services, or protecting our services against illegal activity), or as otherwise expressly allowed by relevant California privacy laws.
We may deny certain requests, or fulfill a request only in part, based on our legal rights and obligations, which we will communicate to you if applicable. If you are not satisfied with the outcome of your request and would like to request further review, you may send an email to email@example.com with “Personal Information Requests Appeal” in the subject line.
How Do You Submit a Privacy Request?
Eligible individuals who wish to make any of the above privacy requests may do so by:
- using our webform at https://web.clearchanneloutdoor.com/privacy-contact-form
- sending an email to firstname.lastname@example.org
- calling us at 1-888-899-2450 (press option #2 for privacy assistance)
- sending a letter to: Clear Channel Outdoor LLC, Attn: Legal Dept. / Privacy, 99 Park Avenue, 2nd Floor, New York, NY 10016
- using an opt-out preference signal or user-selected universal opt-out mechanism: We respond to opt-out preference signals. You may opt out of cookie-based sales and sharing (for cross-context behavioral advertising) of your personal information by broadcasting an opt-out preference signal, such as the Global Privacy Control (GPC), from your web browser or browser extension. Only certain web browsers currently support such a signal. To find and download a browser that supports the GPC browser signal, visit https://globalprivacycontrol.org/orgs. If you choose to use the GPC signal, you will need to enable it for each browser and on each device you use to visit CCOH websites.
Only you or your authorized agent may make a privacy request related to your personal information. You may also make a privacy request on behalf of your minor child. When submitting the request, please ensure the authorized agent identifies himself/herself/itself as an authorized agent.
How Will We Verify Your Identity When You Make a Request?
To protect your own privacy, we cannot honor certain types of requests or provide you with personal information if we cannot verify your identity or authority to make the request and/or confirm the personal information relates to you. We will take reasonable steps to verify your identity prior to responding to requests. The verification steps will vary depending on the sensitivity of the personal information, the type of request, and whether you have an account with us. Making a request does not require you to create an account with us. We will only use the personal information you provide in the context of verification to verify the requestor's identity or authority to make the request. Requests that we determine to be unverifiable may be declined by us in accordance with applicable law.
7. ADDITIONAL CALIFORNIA PRIVACY DISCLOSURES
For purposes of California privacy law, please note the following additional information:
- Identifiers (including first and last name, alias, postal address, unique personal identifier, online identifier, internet protocol (IP) address, email address, or other similar identifiers);
- Personal information as defined in the California customer records law, such as name, contact information, education, employment, employment history, and financial information;
- Characteristics of protected classifications, such as age, gender, race and ethnicity..
- Commercial information, such as transaction information, purchase history, financial details and payment information;
- Internet or other electronic network activity information, such as browsing history, search history, online behavior, interest data, and interactions with our and other websites, applications, systems, and advertisements;
- Professional or employment-related information, such as job title and business contact information, professional information you submit in connection with a job application, as well as work history and professional experience for events, presentations, marketing collateral and testimonials in connection with our business activities;
- Sensitive personal information, such as precise location data and payment card details;
- Audio, electronic, visual, thermal, olfactory, or similar information, such as photos and videos that you upload or provide; and
- Inferences drawn from any of the foregoing reflecting your perceived preferences, characteristics, behavior, and abilities.
- We collect the above categories of personal information from the following categories of sources, as more fully described in Section 3 above:
- Directly from you;
- Automatically from your devices;
- From our service providers;
- From social media;
- From our business partners, such as data licensors and data providers;
- From publicly available sources, such as such as job boards or public databases available on the internet; and
- From our corporate affiliates, subsidiaries, and/or parents.
- We disclose your personal information for a business purpose to the following categories of third parties, as more fully described in Section 4 above:
- Our corporate affiliates, subsidiaries, and/or parents;
- Service providers (such as companies that host or operate our Website, process payments, analyze data, provide marketing services, and/or provide customer service);
- Law enforcement or as required by legal obligations or court orders;
- Social media networks;
- In the context of a corporate restructuring or similar transaction; and
- Third parties to whom you or your agents authorize us to disclose your personal information in connection with products or services we provide to you.
- We may “sell” or “share” the following categories of personal information: identifiers; personal information categories listed in the California customer records law; commercial information; Internet or other electronic network activity; geolocation data; and inferences. We sell and share this personal information with advertisers, advertising networks, and social networks. We do not knowingly sell or share the personal information of individuals under 16 years of age.
We do not use or disclose sensitive personal information for purposes other than those specified under applicable California privacy regulations.
8. CALIFORNIA PERSONAL INFORMATION REQUEST METRICS – CALENDAR YEAR 2022
For the calendar year 2022, in accordance with California privacy law, CCOH’s metrics for California consumer privacy requests received, complied with in whole or in part, and denied, reflecting the calendar year January 1, 2022 through December 31, 2022, are as follows:
Responses to Requests
Complied (In whole or in part) (to extent we hold any non-exempt data)
Mean Number of Days Substantively Responded To
Requests to know
Requests to delete
Requests to opt-out of sales
*CCOH denies requests in their entirety from consumers only when (i) consumers failed the identity verification process, (ii) consumers did not complete the identity verification process within 45 days of submitting a request, (iii) we did not hold any information relevant to their requests, or (iv) one or more exceptions to their requests applied (e.g., their request concerns de-identified and aggregated information).
9. NOTICE TO NEVADA RESIDENTS
Under Nevada state law, Nevada residents have the legal right to opt-out of the sale of certain types of personal information collected about them online. Although we do not sell personal information as defined by Nevada law, we will respond to and cooperate with your reasonable, verified written opt-out request to the extent required under applicable law.
Nevada residents, or authorized representatives acting on their behalf, may use CCOH's interactive privacy form to submit any such verifiable consumer request at https://web.clearchanneloutdoor.com/privacy-contact-form or email their request to us at: email@example.com.
10. PROTECTING CHILDREN
The Website is intended for a general audience and is not directed to children under 18 years of age. We do not intend to collect personal information protected by the U.S. Children 's Online Privacy Protection Act ("COPPA'') or similar laws. If we learn that we have collected information from children in a manner not permitted by COPPA, or similar laws, we will remove that information in order to comply with applicable law.
11. SECURITY OF YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
We use reasonable security practices and procedures designed to protect your personal information against loss, theft, and unauthorized access, use, disclosure, or modification. However, since no method of transmission over the Internet, or method of electronic transmission or storage, is perfectly secure, we cannot guarantee and do not warrant the security of any information we receive or collect from you. You provide us with your information at your own risk. Accordingly, you should use caution whenever you submit information online or via email and regularly backup your Device to guard against data loss.
12. RETENTION OF YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
We will retain your personal information (including your sensitive personal information) and any communications you send to us through the Website or otherwise, as long as necessary to fulfill the purposes described in this Privacy Statement, and for a commercially reasonable time thereafter for backup, archival, fraud prevention or detection, audit purposes, or as required by law. We rely on the following criteria to determine the appropriate retention periods:
- The necessity of the information to provide our services to our customers;
- The types and sensitivity of personal information being processed;
- Regulatory requirements that we are subject to, including laws and regulations related to tax, employment, accounting, and securities; and
- Whether a legal claim might be brought against us, for which the information would be relevant.
13. LINKS TO OTHER PARTY SITES AND SERVICES
We are not responsible for any use by you of other party websites or services linked to or from our Website, including the information or content contained therein. Please remember that when you use a link to go from the Website to another website or service, our Privacy Statement will not apply there. Your browsing and interaction on any other party’s website or service are subject to that other party's rules and policies.
This Website contains links to other websites operated by other parties that we do not own or operate. This includes links from other parties with whom we do business that may use our logo(s) as part of a co-branding or co-marketing agreement. These other websites may send their own cookies to your Device, they may independently collect data or solicit personal Information, and may or may not have their own published privacy policies. The Website may make available chat rooms, forums, message boards, and news groups where any information that you disclose may become public information.
14. UNITED STATES ONLY
This Website is directed only to Website visitors located in the United States of America and governed by U.S. law. Your personal information may be stored and processed in any country where we are located or in which we engage service providers, using legal mechanisms to do so. If you are located outside of the United States, you are not an intended user of this Website. By using the Website from outside of the United States, you acknowledge that you understand that your information may be transferred to countries outside of your country of residence, including the United States of America, and be subject to data protection laws different from those of your home country, and you consent to such transfers. Please note, in some countries, government, legal, or regulatory agencies may access or disclose your personal information under authority of law.
15. POLICY CHANGES
We reserve the right, in our sole discretion, to update and change this Privacy Statement, from time to time, and it shall take effect upon the posting of the revised Privacy Statement. If you do not agree with or consent to any such updates or changes, you are prohibited from and must discontinue your access and use of this Website.
16. CONTACT US
If you have any questions or concerns about this Privacy Statement, the Website, or our privacy practices, please contact us at:
Clear Channel Outdoor Holdings, Inc.
Attn: Legal Dept.
200 Park Avenue, Ste. 701
New York, NY 10166
Re: Privacy Practices
Telephone: 1-888-899-2450, press option #2 for assistance